Cricinfo Latest News

Monday, August 10, 2009

The Awesome ONJ


The incredibly naff cover for the single 'Magic'.




Okay, I used to find it a little bit embarrassing to see Molly Meldrum crushing on Olivia Newton-John during the Countdown days on ABC-TV. Not being a fan of Grease particularly (I enjoy it but not in anything like the same way as approximately 2 billion women on Planet Earth, LOVE IT) I had thought of Olivia as a little saccharine and somewhat safe. I had filed her under V for Vanilla with Australia's Julie Anthony and the Sound of Music's Julie Andrews. (Vanilla Ice is filed under F).

However. lately, in a completely arbitrary fashion that some might wish to term The Miracle of South Perth, I've decided that Olivia Newton-John has got the mojo, the kevorka and the solid gold showbiz 'stuff'. I'm only thirty years late for this train. At least I got on it eventually.

I leave you with Olivia's 1979 gold hit Magic. The song is one of hits from the successful soundtrack to the unsuccessful musical Xanadu.

I'll see you down at the 'nets.

Esteban

No comments:

Post a Comment